The project was born from the need to take action in the face of the environmental emergency that we are experiencing. Our future generations are the best weapon to change the mistakes of the past and move towards a more promising future.
"I want a beach that is not polluted."
Why do we need your help?
After carrying out numerous actions in the educational centers, and receiving such positive feedback, both from the centers and the students, we find ourselves with the need to continue growing. Thanks to this campaign, we will be able to restructure the content of the program and expand our team of educators so that we can bring “Kids for the Future” to thousands of kids.
- Structure, design and layout the content of the different learning units.
- Expansion and training of the team of educators. For every 10 new volunteers who join our team of educators, we reach 100 new schools.
- Digitalization of the program. Adaptation of the program to the current situation of COVID19 (online format).
Remember that when you donate you can deduct up to 80% of the total amount. You contribute € 50 and finance returns € 40, you contribute € 100 and finance returns € 80. You can calculate tax benefits by clicking [here] (https://www.goteo.org/calculadora-fiscal).
Description of the project. Main features, strengths and differentials.
It is an innovative and accessible program that serves as a real learning tool. It is aimed at girls and boys and its main objective is to promote respect for the planet, adopting healthier life habits. Promoting values such as empathy, solidarity and collaboration.
- Raise awareness about the main environmental challenges.
- Arouse interest and respect for nature .
- Promote values such as empathy, respect and solidarity .
- Involve the local community .
The content of the program analyzes which are the main environmental challenges , how our daily actions can affect and how each of us has the power to change the situation always encouraging active learning of kids .
The program consists of four learning units aligned with four of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) promoted by the United Nations. The didactic units are worked in three stages: presentation, development and workshop ; In addition, the program include guidance in the Teacher's Guide and the Student Learning Folder .
How does it works?
- The program will be offered to schools and educational groups and will also be delivered as workshops by Good Karma Projects.
- It is a flexible and modular program, each school will be able to decide which unit they want to work in and in what period of time.
- All content will be available online , adapting to the current situation (Covid 19).
- The program will be available in Spanish and Catalan. It is also expected to be able to translate it into English, if we manage to reach the optimal funding.
- Both the presentation and the workshop will be led by a Good Karma Projects volunteer / educator , always guiding the teacher through the development of unit competencies.
Involve the local community
Good Karma Projects works through "chapters" or local volunteer groups . These groups of volunteers are in charge of developing the different Good Karma Projects projects, actions and campaigns in their area, and therefore are also ** in charge of taking the Kids for the Future program to schools.
Through the training of educators and volunteers in different cities and towns of the country, and thanks to our flexible structure and the characteristics of the program, we have found the perfect formula to bring the Kids for the Future project to thousands of kids. Can you help us?
Why this is important
Good Karma Projects was founded in 2017 by two surfers and engineers, willing to turn the current situation around and put an end to plastics on our beaches.
Since then, the work of the organization has focused on two areas: Education and Awareness . We are deeply convinced of the need for a change in our consumption habits, and the re-education of these will be essential to avoid making the same mistakes that have led us to this situation. While the awareness of society is necessary, the education of future generations is of vital importance .
Every day we face greater natural disasters such as storms, fires, droughts and viruses, derived from the destruction of ecosystems and biodiversity. The scientific information is clear, human health and prosperity are directly related to the state of the environment.
Kids for the Future was born out of the need to take action and educate future generations about the main environmental challenges we face. Learning from our mistakes , kids will be in charge of creating a fairer and better future.
Team and experience
Throughout our history as an organization, we have observed that educational workshops arouse great interest among kids. And that is why today there are many educational centers that have already included us in their program of activities.
During the last year we have carried out 21 workshops with 1101 girls and boys , mostly in Catalonia, but also in other areas of Galicia, Asturias and the Basque Country among others.